So my birthday has crept up on me this year. It was only last week that I realized that it was coming up. The last two weeks have been manic for me and after a few people started to nag me about some gift ideas I decided I needed to sit down and draw up a list.
This process made me realize that I am EXCEPTIONALLY privileged as there is nothing major that I need or want and this actually makes me feel quite guilty.
Anyway, here is the list:
- Mauritius Holiday – a little far fetched but a bunch of us are thinking about doing this together so if someone wants to pay for me that would rock :P
- Big poofy warm slippers
- A big grey stylish winter coat – something like this but preferably in grey.
- Steve Jobs Biography by Walter Issacson.
Apart from that, I think I am quite fortunate :) Read More
New Job: Head of Inbound Marketing at iMod Digital
As you might have seen on both LinkedIn as well as Facebook, that I have recently changed jobs. I am no longer working for Shake Interactive, but have now made the jump to iMod Digital.
At iMod Digital I will be taking the role of Head of Inbound Marketing where I will be diving deep into client strategy from both an SEO perspective but also from a full scale digital marketing perspective. These days this combination of earned media such as SEO and digital marketing is often combined to be called inbound marketing due to the organic nature of the online rewards for your efforts, both on, and off the web.
I joined at the start of February but things have been a little hectic and that is why I am only writing this post now. I jumped right in and Chris allowed me to get my hands into the cookie jar right from day 1. I have really been craving this far more hands on approach with client work for quite some time now and it is quite invigorating being able to get things chance. I have had to be quite patient in waiting for the timing to be right for both iD as well as myself, but finally the time has come.
So far so good and the first two weeks have been busy but fun and rewarding. 5pm is sneaking up on me again rather than dragging out and it is refreshing. There is a really talented team in place already and they all seem to gel really well. Read More
Read more... (348 words, 1 image, estimated 1:24 mins reading time)
So you might have noticed that I am trying one month challenges throughout this year as part of my 2013 New Years resolutions. The reason for this is due to the fact that I think it will be much easier to break things down into smaller chunks, as well as these goals are not major goals for the year.
My goal for January was to meet 5 differents friends for coffee or drinks and just catch up. I am going to make that goal on Saturday which I know is in Feb but its close enough so I think I win on that one?
My goal for Feb is going to be tough but something that I think needs to be done. I am not going to drink for the entire month. No booze. Clean and sober. I am into my fourth week of being uber healthy and training hard, but I am finding that during the week I am good and very disciplined, but come the weekend and the wheels come off completely and the beer doesn’t stop flowing.
So Feb equals no booze month. It is not going to be easy as there are very few things finer than an ice cold beer after a long, hot day at work, but hey, I want to lose this belly. You might also notice that this is conveniently placed in the shortest month of the year ;)
What do you guys think? Possible? Read More
Here is the post that will either leave me wanting to high five or either go and hide under a rock come the end of 2013 – My 2013 Goals.
Read more... (486 words, estimated 1:57 mins reading time)
- Weight: 80kgs. I am not looking for a six pack, but I am just looking to get my body into really good shape so that hopefully I can leave these injuries behind and get back to playing sport and being able to run. Hard work in the gym is what is needed and some tough choices when it comes to my diet, but it has to be done.
- Studies: Nothing drastic like I failed to do. I just want to pass all subjects that I study and make sure that I give them a proper go which means actually doing the assignments and studying for the exams. The only person that will benefit is me and it will also help my wallet.
- 1 Month Challenge: Every month I will be setting a challenge for the month. These will be fairly small but will hopefully lead to me having a very successful 2013. I would love to get some suggestions from you guys.
- Improve my skill-set: I want to code consistently this year in HTML, CSS and PHP. I am not saying that I need to become a guru or expert, but I just would like some consistent effort which will benefit me greatly at work. I also want to become Google Analytics Qualified by April.
- Be More Independent: Something that isn’t exactly measurable, but something that I feel is vital. Just doing more things for myself, by myself.
- Make R30k from side projects: This is definitely not going to be easy at all, but what is a list of goals without a few crazy ones. These will simply be ideas that I have had a for a while that I simply need to explore further.