Here is the post that will either leave me wanting to high five or either go and hide under a rock come the end of 2013 – My 2013 Goals.
- Weight: 80kgs. I am not looking for a six pack, but I am just looking to get my body into really good shape so that hopefully I can leave these injuries behind and get back to playing sport and being able to run. Hard work in the gym is what is needed and some tough choices when it comes to my diet, but it has to be done.
- Studies: Nothing drastic like I failed to do. I just want to pass all subjects that I study and make sure that I give them a proper go which means actually doing the assignments and studying for the exams. The only person that will benefit is me and it will also help my wallet.
- 1 Month Challenge: Every month I will be setting a challenge for the month. These will be fairly small but will hopefully lead to me having a very successful 2013. I would love to get some suggestions from you guys.
- Improve my skill-set: I want to code consistently this year in HTML, CSS and PHP. I am not saying that I need to become a guru or expert, but I just would like some consistent effort which will benefit me greatly at work. I also want to become Google Analytics Qualified by April.
- Be More Independent: Something that isn’t exactly measurable, but something that I feel is vital. Just doing more things for myself, by myself.
- Make R30k from side projects: This is definitely not going to be easy at all, but what is a list of goals without a few crazy ones. These will simply be ideas that I have had a for a while that I simply need to explore further.
A theme I want to keep is to be far more organized. I made this a goal for last year and definitely did improve, but I didn’t find that discipline that I felt I needed. 2013 is going to be different. I started off with a great party into the new year which is something that I haven’t had for at least 3-4 years. I have also given my room a complete clean which I haven’t done for I don’t know how long. It has been a good start so far and I hope to keep that going.
This two week holiday has been absolutely invaluable in terms of connecting with friends, allowing me to have fun and recharge, but also to regain some focus and drive. Some time off and some change is seriously important.
Here is to a fantastic 2013 for both you and me – I would love it if you could share some of your goals below so that we can keep checking on each other!