So I know this post is a bit early but I was thinking about this the other day and I started to look into it so I thought I would give you guys an update.
- Weight: this is the big goal for this year. To get healthy and try and get down to 80kgs of ripped awesomeness. I found that during 2011 my sport suffered due to having a couple extra kilograms. I don’t think health can ever be over valued. This is so far going well. See the #NoobBoob challenge posts.
- Learn to cook: Seriously, I am like a retarded sloth when it comes to the kitchen. I do however make a mean slice of some gourmet toast. Slow progress on this one, but I think I am getting better. I need to branch out a little bit more but progress is being made.
- Studies: I am going to go out on a limb here and say that I can achieve two firsts in this next semester out of the four modules that I will be taking from UNISA. I am slacking on this one quite badly. I am struggling for time on this one, but I can still quite easily recover this one.
- 1 Month Challenge: Every month I want to pick something new to try or do during the month and to try and stick to that for the month. January’s challenge is to read for around 20 minutes every night before I go to sleep. Whether that is an eBook on my iPad or a novel, or any other hard copy book. I just want some quiet time before bed. Blah, this has failed miserably. I completely forgot about this one. January I managed fairly well to read every night before going to bed, but it dropped off from there.
- Start Drumming again: This is something that has seriously slacked off over the last couple years and last year I think I must have played once of twice. Considering that my kit is just picking up dust, I think it deserves some TLC. Going slowly, but I have started to play again. I am looking at getting a cheap electronic kit so I can play when I want and not make the neighbours want to kill me.
- Big Holiday Overseas: I am determined to save enough money to go take a holiday overseas this year by myself. If I can get a mate or two to come along even better, but I think this holiday is going to be a solo mission. A lot of cash will need to be tucked away so I am going to have to watch things like a hawk if I want to reach this goal. This goal is right on track and going really well actually. I am looking at flights and getting dates sorted already so this one is probably one of the more successful challenges so far.
- Improve my coding abilities: The more skills you have the more valuable you are and to further my career I need to continue to add skills that can make me more indispensable to employers and I think being fairly fluent in PHP is a language that would really benefit me in the world of SEO. This one is not going as quickly as I would like but I am making progress at a reasonable pace I guess.
So far I am not quite happy with how things are going, but that is why I am reviewing these goals as often as I can so that I can keep things on track and nice and tightly regulated. Aaah yeah. Here is to a successful rest of the year!
How are you guys coming along with your goals?