At the tender young age of 79, Liz Taylor has finally packed it in. No not her movie career, but life itself actually.
What a shame.
She “died Wednesday in Los Angeles from congestive heart failure.” At least she had her children by her side when she went towards the light.
Liz, as I used to call her – ja we were casual like that with nicknames – started in a whole range of movies withher winning numerous awards. This from Wikipedia:
Dame Elizabeth Rosemond Taylor, OBE (27 February 1932 – 23 March 2011), also known as Liz Taylor, was an English-American actress. A former child star, she grew to be known for her acting talent and beauty, as well as her Hollywood lifestyle, including many marriages. Taylor was considered one of the great actresses of Hollywood’s golden age. The American Film Institute named Taylor seventh on its Female Legends list.
Another list, that is almost as long as her movie list, is her list of husbands!
- Conrad “Nicky” Hilton (6 May 1950 – 29 January 1951) (divorced)
- Michael Wilding (21 February 1952 – 26 January 1957) (divorced)
- Michael Todd (2 February 1957 – 22 March 1958) (widowed)
- Eddie Fisher (12 May 1959 – 6 March 1964) (divorced)
- Richard Burton (15 March 1964 – 26 June 1974) (divorced)
- Richard Burton (10 October 1975 – 29 July 1976) (divorced)
- Note: between 1975 and 1976, Taylor was the companion to the Iranian ambassador to Washington, Ardeshir Zahedi. They were dubbed “the hottest couple”, and both divorced their significant others during their relationship. Taylor even traveled with him to Tehran for a time. Shah Reza Pahlavi convinced Zahedi to end his relationship with Taylor.
- John Warner (4 December 1976 – 7 November 1982) (divorced)
- Larry Fortensky (6 October 1991 – 31 October 1996) (divorced)
A much shorter list:
With Wilding (two sons):
- Michael Howard Wilding (born 6 January 1953)
- Christopher Edward Wilding (born 27 February 1955)
With Todd (one daughter):
- Elizabeth Frances “Liza” Todd (born 6 August 1957)
With Burton (one daughter):
- Maria Burton (born 1 August 1961; adopted 1964)
In 1971, Taylor became a grandmother at the age of 39. She has nine grandchildren (as of January 2011).
That information is from the informative and obviously very reliable Wikipedia.
Seriously. That is a whole lot of husbands! Did she get bored of them quite quickly? She never seemed to get bored of me. A couple years on and off but I always managed to resist her temptations to get married. I am a playa like that.